The Arkansas Forestry Commission grows and sells forest tree seedlings for reforestation. AFC seedlings are grown at Baucum Nursery for one growing season. When the seedlings become dormant in the fall, they are lifted and packed “bare root” for shipment to designated cooler locations.
Call the Baucum Nursery at 501-907-2485 or 501-907-2486 weekdays, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Seedlings Terms and Conditions
- The AFC does not plant your seedlings. Click here for our online Foresty Vendor directory to find a tree planter in your area. www.forestry.arkansas.gov/DirectorySearches/
- Seedlings purchased from the AFC are not for resale. Evidence of resale will constitute grounds for refusal of seedling orders.
- With proper handling, a landowner may expect approximately 90 percent of the seedlings to survive. The AFC ships healthy seedlings but provides no warranty concerning seedling survival or growth.
- To be assured of timely delivery, the landowner must contact the selected pick-up location at least 5 working days before the desired delivery date.
- The AFC reserves the right to reduce or cancel orders depending upon the availability of seedlings. If we do, we will refund your purchase price.
- The AFC will refund the purchase price if a landowner cancels the order before December 1.
- Full payment must accompany all seedling orders less than 100,000 pine or 50,000 hardwood. If your order is larger, you can apply for a credit account (contact Baucum Nursery to obtain a credit application). Bills will be sent after final seedling delivery. Full payment for larger orders is required within 30 days of billing date. Overpayment errors of $10 or less will not be refunded.
- For hardwood orders over 250,000, contact Baucum Nursery for special pricing.
- If you do not order online, mail orders to the Arkansas Forestry Commission, 3821 West Roosevelt Road, Little Rock, AR 72204, via the Seedling Order Form below.
Forest tree seedlings must be handled carefully from the time they are lifted at the nursery, until they are transplanted. Look over our Seedling Care and Planting Guidelines for directions to properly plant bare root tree seedlings, below.
How many seedlings should I order?
6' x 12'
605 seedlings per acre
7' x 10'
622 seedlings per acre
8' x 8'
681 seedlings per acre
8' x 10'
545 seedlings per acre
10' x 10'
436 seedlings per acre
10' x 12'
363 seedlings per acre
12' x 12'
302 seedlings per acre
Seedlings Cooler Locations
To pick up your AFC seedlings, you may arrange to pick up at any of the following Arkansas Forestry Commission Cooler locations: