Thu, September 21, 201710:00 AM - 4:30 PM
REVISED MEETING NOTIFICATION
The time of the quarterly board meeting has been changed from 1:30 pm to 10:00 am. The public hearing will still be held at 1:30 as originally scheduled.
September 13, 2017
TO: Entities Requesting Notification
FROM: Terry Walker, Director
Arkansas State Plant Board
SUBJECT: Public Hearing and the 414th Plant Board Quarterly Meeting
Chairman Otis Howe has scheduled a Public Hearing and the 414th State Plant Board quarterly meeting for 10:00 a.m., September 21, 2017. The meeting will be held at the Arkansas State Plant Board offices, Number 1 Natural Resources Drive, Little Rock, AR. A copy of the agenda cover is attached. All meetings are open to the public and participation is encouraged.
If you have any questions, please contact me at 501-225-1598.
414th State Plant Board Meeting
State Plant Board Offices
Little Rock, AR
September 21, 2017
I. Public Hearing
Public Hearing. This public hearing is to consider adoption of proposed changes to the Pesticide Enforcement Response Regulations.
The proposed changes would amend the Pesticide Enforcement Response Regulations in accordance with Act 778 of 2017 that increases the maximum civil penalty from $1,000 to $25,000 for egregious violations from applications of Dicamba, or an Auxin containing herbicide, or any new herbicide technology released after August 01, 2017.
II. State Plant Board Quarterly Board Meeting
1. Opening Comments and Introductions. Mr. Bruce Alford, representing the forage industry and Mr. Robert Campbell, representing the livestock industry have been
reappointed to the Arkansas State Plant Board, to serve another 2-year term.
2. Action as a Result of Public Hearing to consider adoption of proposed changes to the Pesticide Enforcement Response Regulations.
3. Minutes of the June 8, 2017 quarterly Board and the June 23, 2017 Special Called Board meeting, are ready for approval.
4. Examination Results. The Pest Control examinations given June12, July 10 and August 14, 2017 are ready for Board action.
5. Standing Committee Reports. Standing Committees may have information or recommendations for the Board’s consideration.
Fertilizer and Lime Committee met June 8, 2017
Pest Control Committee met August 9, 2017
Seed Committee met August 31, 2017
Bureau of Standards Committee met August 31, 2017
Pesticides Committee met June 30, 2017
Pesticides Committee met July 10, 2017
Pesticides Committee met July 21, 2017
Pesticide Committee met September 12, 2017
6. Election of Officers. The Board traditionally elects officers at the first meeting after July 1 each year.
7. Other Business. Chairman Howe may wish to cover other business.
8. Date for the next Quarterly Board Meeting. Set date for the next quarterly Board meeting in December 2017.